I’ve been reading Deb Richardson’s Red Shoe Ramblings blog now for awhile because one of the things that I enjoy about her blog (besides the great, readable writing — go take a look!!) is that she often is tagged by other bloggers to do memes. The Seven Random Things sounded like fun, so I decided to do this one.
- I cannot buy one of anything. Ever. Not sure why, but my sister has the same affliction. If I need one pound of butter, I will buy two. If I find a shirt that I like, I will buy two (or three, or four, depending on how many different colors/patterns there are) There’s always a little voice in the back of my head saying “extra, extra” and I have listened to it for years. On the up side, it’s very seldom that I ever run out of anything.
- I cannot back up a car or truck just using the side mirrors. I’ve told Sweet Baboo for years that it’s something in the Y chromosome that females just don’t have. He, of course, says that’s silly, I just need practice. Hmph!!! I have practiced! It doesn’t help! I think I’m probably the first and only person to put a boat into Lake Meacham in Northern New York sideways, boat, trailer and truck!! With everybody around me yelling “turn right, turn right!!”
- I can touch my nose with my tongue. Or at least I used to be able to. …… Yup, I still can. Just haven’t had to impress anybody with that feat for years!
- I have 17 pairs of black slacks in my closet. Please refer to #1 above to explain why I have so many. I feel like I am on a neverending quest to find the quintessential pair of black slacks. Perhaps I’m a closet “grass is always greener” type of person? Truth to tell, I have black slacks for every slight weight gain or loss that I go through. Plus there are different lengths to go with the 8 pairs of black shoes that I own.
- I would rather fold laundry than vacuum. Well, I wouldn’t rather fold it alot more than vacuum, but at least quite a bit more. It seems that every vacuum I have ever had will crash into my achilles tendons. Plus I trip over the darn cord and the hose constantly. I have said for years that I have a vacuum cleaner poltergeist that goes from one vacuum to the next. When I am Queen of the World, I will have subjects to do my vacuuming for me. For that matter, they will fold laundry too!!
- I have been driving for 36 years and I have never gotten a ticket or been in an accident. Not even a fender bender. I’ve had a few close calls of course. Come to think of it, I’ve never been pulled over by a townie or statie either. When I was younger, it was because my ex-husband’s father was a desk sergeant with the NY State Police. When I got older, it was because I realized that I wasn’t indestructible and wanted to stay in one piece, so I slowed down.
- The closest that I have ever come to breaking a bone was a sprained ankle. I consider myself extremely lucky. I have had to have several surgeries for different reasons, but never for a broken bone. I will probably stand up from typing this, trip over my sneaky vacuum cleaner and break my collarbone…..
So those are my 7 random thingys. If you are reading this blog and would like to list 7 random things about yourself on your blog, please do so and then leave a comment for me so that I can go read it. I have to go listen to the radio now so that I can be caller 10 and win 2 Kenny Chesney tickets. Wish me luck!