Sweet Baboo and I are taking a trip to my sister’s in Vermont over the Fourth of July. Besides catching up with the ‘rents and other family members, Sis is having the “Mother Blessing” ceremony that I mentioned in another post for her daughter who is due in August. So far, this is my list of things that I need to have done by the time that we go.
- Beads for M’s bracelet that we will make during the ceremony — check
- Martha’s Homekeeping book that Sis asked me to get for her on ebay — check (well, not totally — I’ve paid for it and it should be here in a few days — hopefully before I leave!)
- Baby blankets that my daughter wanted me to give to M — she got so many and most haven’t even been used — check
- Baby buzzy chair — I wish I had had one of those when J was a baby — check
- Baby boppy for Sis to have at her house when the young’un comes to visit — check
- Knitted hat that I wanted to make for the young’un — no check yet — have to make a trip to the yarn shop for baby type yarn. (sigh — such a hardship) If I don’t get it done before we go, the pattern is very easy and I could knit it in the car on the way.
- Bring video tapes that I borrowed back to Sis — check
- Someone to check on Sadie and make sure she is fed and watered — no check yet
- Check out TJ Maxx one more time before we go for Sis’s face cream — sort of checked — I have a few ready to take with me so if I don’t go up one more time, it’s not a big deal. She loves this particular lotion that we can only get at TJ Maxx.
And that’s my list so far — I’m pretty happy with what I’ve gotten done so far — and of course I sit down every chance I get and do a little more knitting on Sweet Baboo’s socks. One thing that I’m pretty sure won’t be done is the quilt that I made for M. I had a hard time reaching the lady that will be long arming it for me and even tho it’s small, I think she’d be hard pressed to get it done in time. I’ll just send it along when it’s done.