Because it’s been such a long week (insert long drawn out sigh accompanied by morose violin music here) I’m taking the easy way out. Here’s a list of I Just Don’t Get Its.
- There is a song that rolls around in my head almost constantly. It’s a round that I learned when I was in grade school (40 years ago!!!) and it goes: “Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he, laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra, gay your life must be”. I do NOT understand why I can’t shake this stupid little song loose.
- I am the opposite of an anorexic. Anorexics look in the mirror and lament how fat they are. I look in the mirror and truly believe I’m looking at a size 10 me but I’m really a size 14 me. Imagine my surprise when size 10 jeans don’t fit!!
- I have slept pretty well for the past 8 or 9 nights. Tonight I am wide awake. I have done nothing different to account for this sleeplessness, but there you have it. There’s a nice moon out tonight, tho.
- I’ve been looking at my hands lately. I have my grandmother’s hands. So does my sister. I can remember tracing Nanny’s veins on the top of her hands when I was little, and now my GrandDolly does the same thing to my hands. I feel a very strange connection linking me to GrandDolly and Nanny. Actually, I do get this now, but I didn’t for awhile.
- There was a guy that pulled out in front of me last week. Pulled out is not quite right. He eased out in front of me. I was booking along about 45mph with no one in back of me. Another car was coming toward me, also with nobody in back of her. I laid on the horn, because I was convinced this person couldn’t see either one of us. I was wrong. He gives me the finger. I don’t get that. HE pulled out in front of me — why would he get so offended when I voiced my displeasure of him almost hitting my car. Bozo…….
- I don’t get why people are so self absorbed as to not notice anything in the world outside of their little orbit. Monumental drama over diddly, and totally unaware of the big picture in the real world or how they are contributing to the problems. Honestly, some days I would like to just cuff some of the up side the head.
- And why would anybody want to be president anyway???
There are more I Just Don’t Get Its here at Sunday Scribblings.